Sue Hassan | DET Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
I am an independent contractor for Beach Bum Vacations. My name is Melissa but I go by Sue at Beach Bum. I answer to both! Being a travel concierge means I take the guess work out of all the internet travel “noise.” I specialize mostly in group travel (destination weddings, corporate groups, etc) but also LOVE planning those special once-in-a-lifetime trips for friends, lovers, and families. Knowing I help people create lifelong memories is a HUGE perk to my job! All vacations are not created equal and everyone vacations differently. I help guide, help, and support travelers to their dream destinations!
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
I wouldn’t say there’s been one specific event but I love watching my repeat and referral business grow!
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Sounds cheesy but I’m honestly so inspired by my female peers who are becoming the movers and shakers in our communities. What’s better than watching a bunch of bad ass women starting to take over the world?!
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
My mom always made sure to express the importance of trying to see things from another person’s perspective. I think it’s made me a good listener, an empath, and ultimately a better person.
5. What is your morning routine?
Wake up, get my toddler up/changed/fed, maybe I shower (working from home gives me a really horrible excuse to be lazy with my morning routine), have a cup of coffee and breakfast with the nanny, sit down at my desk, check my to-to list, open my computer, turn on my podcast, and hustle!
6. What is your favorite podcast?
My Favorite Murder
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
Getting mani/pedis gives me anxiety because they take too long
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Don’t let clients treat you like you are lesser. “Bless and release” if they don’t treat you like a decent human.
Stay in touch with through: