Shelly Kim | OC Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Letters By Shells started back in 2015 when I was stressed during my full-time job and needed a creative outlet to unwind and focus on my own happiness.
I specialize in Modern Brush Calligraphy focused on positivity and self-love through positive affirmations. I have now transitioned to teaching lettering workshops throughout California and collaborating with other creative companies.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
My biggest win has honestly been having the amazing opportunities to connect with other small businesses and develop long-lasting friendships!
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
My daily motivation comes from connecting with other amazing ladies in the community to brainstorm, create and share ideas!
My daily inspiration comes from listening to podcasts and learning something new, both personal and business related.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
My fiancé, Richard always told me that having a weekly schedule and setting a time frame to focus on specific tasks throughout the day will help you stay accountable. He was totally right!
5. What is your morning routine?
Wake up & coffee! Sometimes go on a walk then eggs for breakfast, checking emails then scheduling my day!
6. What is your favorite podcast?
Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations and The Goal Digger
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I am a lover of all plants! #plantlady
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Just go for it because there is no perfect “timing” for success.