Linda Waisbord | SD Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
My business is ME. I am a style consultant, influencer and fashion and style writer.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
The biggest win for me as an independent business woman has been that I now get to control my own time and work by my own rules. Being a wife, mother, and a responsible employee while trying to balance it all was always a real struggle for me. Now I get to choose what I do with my time and feel a little more control over my life.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
I try to surround myself with strong, positive women who I can look up too for support and inspiration
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
I have to say my mother has always been my biggest role model and I’m very lucky to have her. She has ALWAYS told me to be unapologetically ME. That is a very powerful and liberating message as a woman because we are always being told by everything around us that we are never good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, etc.
5. What is your morning routine?
My day starts with coffee, of course, while I check emails and catch up on my morning news ( which involves a lot of fashion media outlets.) I like to get at least a 30 minute run in every morning which doubles as my physical and mental “gym time.” This is when I find myself feeling most inspired, most positive and really gets my head into a space where I feel invincible and ready to face the day. I usually have to literally “run” back home to write down all the ideas I get while running!
6. What is your favorite podcast?
Anything positive, currently loving Second Life by Hillary Kerr
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
Most people think I’m just naturally self-confident but I’m NOT. I've worked really hard at getting here and being happy about everything that I am, including the parts I don’t always like.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
BE BRAVE! Trust yourself and have faith that the universe is on your side.