Kendra Bessig | DET Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
The Blonde Mom is a personal styling and shopping service. Founded in 2017, it aims to provide a highly personalized experience by offering smart solutions for each individual closet. Whether I am creating outfits with existing pieces or shopping Saks, Target, or Consignment, each client should see tremendous value in what they're adding to their collection. The goal is to keep fashion attainable and services affordable.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
Name recognition - I love when women randomly approach me and ask if I am "The Blonde Mom." It may be a small victory to others, but to me it validates my content.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
I have a journal called, "52 Lists for Happiness" and began journaling my weekly reflections. It's been transformative! I also follow some incredible women on Instagram that give me a daily boost- especially @thatwellthylife and @heygirlheyunited.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
You can't whistle and be mad at the same time- my dad. Whistling ALWAYS lifts my mood. Also, my Uncle Pat once told me not to flush tampons, so that's pretty good advice too (you're welcome!)
5. What is your morning routine?
My daughter, Ruby (3), wakes me up at 6am to snuggle for an hour. Then we get up with big sister, Penny (5), to eat breakfast and get ready for school. I chug as much coffee as I can in 20 minutes and we dance party to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," which has been my life's anthem.
6. Favorite podcast?
Brilliant Business Moms
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I have a pair of men's cigar pants from Target that I got in 7th grade that I still wear to bed weekly- the waistband has to be rolled twice jus to stay up. Even stylists make fashion faux pas!
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Don't be afraid of other women. Put yourself out there!
Stay in touch with Kendra through:
IG DM: @the_blondemom
FB PM: @theblondemomstyle
Phone: (703) 798-8998