Katharine LiMandri | SD Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Tidal Event Consulting was born out of my love for making things happen. I have over 13 years of experience doing large-scale events (over 100K people) and thoroughly enjoy each aspect of the process. I started Tidal because I knew that the world needs my talent and starting my own business was the way to open myself up to those clients.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
Leveraging relationships with my friends, family and colleagues to get signed clients, free business cards, free legal advice and more. As my mom always tells me "The worst they can say is 'no'."
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
My friends and family who are in business for themselves as well. They are great examples of how to balance work, daily life, personal freedom and fun - which is why we are all entrepreneurs in the first place!
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
When it comes to work, the first thing you do everyday are the tasks that you don't want to do or have to do. Once those are done, you can do the fun tasks or just do whatever you want. -- as told to me by one of my entrepreneur friend.
5. What is your morning routine?
I tend to wake up with the sun so the first thing I do is get my body moving at spin class or a walk down at the beach, followed by some meditation and a cup of tea. I love to watch the national news to see what's going on and then I start working while watching Kelly & Ryan because they make me laugh.
6. What is your favorite podcast?
I can't name just one: BullShips, Mark Groves, Goal Digger, Oprah's Super Soul and Masterclass and Joe Rogan
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I have dual citizenship with the EU and am learning to speak Italian.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
This is the perfect decision for you and it's time to trust the magic of new beginnings.