Ilse Devereux | DET Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
IDMKUP - Elite on location make-up specializing in Bridal, servicing the Metro Detroit area and more! Available for commercial and print.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
I find daily inspiration through instagram mostly.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
“One thing at a time” - My husband. I’m very impatient and I want instant gratification so it’s a hard pill to swallow.
5. What is your morning routine?
Wake up at 5:45 am, make my husband his tea and lunch, watch the morning news, some days run errands and some days drive out to Northville for clients at the salon or some days make up on location for clients.
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I have suffered from major anxiety.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
I’m just starting and sometimes I want to slap myself because I’ve been in the beauty industry for so long that it’s scary to just go off on my own and not have the support of my team. I’m a one woman team now and it’s an entirely different ball game... but I’m realizing I should have done this long ago.
Stay in touch with Ilse through: