Holly Wade | OC Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Club Crafted is a creative lifestyle business and blog focused on creating visual content that inspires women to live a happy, handmade life. Started by Holly Wade in 2013, Club Crafted shares colorful DIY and food tutorials and creative lifestyle content online as well as designs custom photography for brands and small businesses to share on their websites and social media.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
Being asked to speak at Altitude Summit this year was a huge accomplishment for me. Even more exciting, I would introduce myself to other bloggers at the conference, and people would say “oh, I’ve heard of you!” It made me feel like I’m finally making progress as an entrepreneur in my field.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Pinterest is one of the highlights of my life, but I find that the best inspiration is simply getting out of the house. Day and weekend trips help me stay inspired and motivated to get back to work.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
Recently, someone at a conference told me to "stop trying to be everything," and that hit home for me. It’s one of those easier-said-than-done things as a single-person business when you have to wear ALL the hats, but it’s something I continuously keep in mind.
5. What is your morning routine?
I grab my cup of coffee and scroll through Pinterest and Instagram while I watch an episode of something. Then I jump into work!
6. What is your favorite podcast?
I’m not a big podcast listener, but I do really enjoy Goal Digger by Jenna Kutcher.
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I have a horrible sense of smell. Most of the time, when people ask “do you smell that?” I probably don't.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Don’t try to be like other brands. Forcing a style that isn’t “you” is going to drain your energy.