Erin Schmidt | DET Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
My business is Erin Schmidt Photography. I started in 2011 and specialize in wedding and lifestyle portraiture. With Erin Schmidt Photo, I want people to be able to remember exactly what their love not only looked like, but felt like as well.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
My biggest win so far is being able to travel all over the world for my job.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Gratitude practice has helped me a ton. Taking a few minutes every morning and saying out loud what you're thankful for and what your intentions are makes a huge difference for me.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
"Fake it til you make it" - a friend of mine also in the industry.
So, I love this one, because for me it's about me faking out my self doubt that sneaks in and tries to get in my way. Some mornings, I don't feel like a bad ass (even though I know somewhere in there, I still got it) and that's where I have to fake it til I believe it ;)
5. What is your morning routine?
Get my kids off to school, emails, edit, coffee, more editing, emails and coffee. Sometimes the gym, Ha!
6. Favorite podcast?
Awesome with Alison + Jen Gotch is ok sometimes
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I'm actually super introverted and shy!
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
You're never gonna believe where this camera is going to take you. Also, thank god you took those business and marketing classes in college!