Elizabeth Skwiot | SD Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Cirque-It Fitness teaches ‘circus-infused’ moves in a small group circuit training format that is fun, challenging, and accessible to a wide variety of fitness levels.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
Co-inventing and getting a patent on a product was a big achievement along with writing a manual this year with Linda Shelton, an icon in the industry.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Everywhere. From the earth moving and the people in it.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
There's been a lot of good advice over the years. The quote that's been resonating with me lately was from Terry Sendgraff, a pioneer in the aerial dance world: "People will want to help you. Let them help you."
5. What is your morning routine?
This depends. Some mornings I run early before breakfast. A couple days a week I won't run and go straight to breakfast. Breakfast is always oatmeal, protein powder, flaxseed, stevia, and cinnamon, and coffee, of course.
6. Favorite podcast?
I know there are many and I don't listen to any of them!
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I have a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Self-care isn't optional.