CV Henriette | DT Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
I have a baby wellness brand called Art of the Zodiac. It is under this moniker that I make skincare and talk astrology—two of the most powerful tools I have discovered for self care.
My first product, a body cream called Saturn in Scorpio, is currently available at Orleans + Winder in Eastern Market. I offer consultations for intro birth chart readings by appointment.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
Having the courage to step back from a successful business I started with others to focus on the things I know I am meant to do—and starting from scratch (again, sigh) to do so
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Detroit! The people here are the MOST supportive! It's a city where even a recluse like me can leave her house and immediately be greeted by welcoming, smiling faces. One has to try hard to truly be alone here.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
"The world wants you to contract, but it is your duty to EXPAND." Rough paraphrase from the words of Philip Kafka.
5. What is your morning routine?
Push dogs outside, morning pages, meditation, breakfast.
6. What is your favorite podcast?
The Astrology Podcast by Chris Brennan
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I went through a period of memorizing poetry. At one point I could recite all of The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock and made it through the first two parts of The Wasteland before finding a new hobby.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Like six months ago? This is going to take a loooong time. Do not be discouraged.