Angela Minardi | San Diego Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Fit City Adventures is San Diego’s premier lifestyle corporate concierge. We plan fitness classes and active adventures for groups, and take team building to the next level in a fun fit new way. Our popular activities include rooftop yoga, mobile spin class, sunset hikes and volleyball clinics with bonfires. We work hard to curate amazing experiences so that groups can have all of the fun in the sun and make memories that last a lifetime.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
In just two short months, I’ve big brand clients like Taco Bell and Vans, and have presented to almost all of the destination management companies and hotels in San Diego. I’m excited to grow my partnerships and share my love for this city with travelers and locals.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Meditation (insight timer), journaling, books like The Universe Has your Back, Oprah’s podcast Super Soul and following badass women like you!
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
“People don’t remember what you did but they remember how you make them feel. Tell a story and relate on a personal level. It’s the relationship that wins, so build it”. Previous bosses :)
5. What is your morning routine?
I’m working on that! Mind body and soul. Coffee and journaling on my patio looking out onto the bay, daily meditation with insight timer and a jog on the sand then back home to cook a yummy breakfast to some fun music.
6. What is your favorite podcast?
Anything by Oprah. Her Masterclass series is fantastic. But I’m a sucker for real raw rock bottom turnaround stories and entrepreneurs that hustled so How I Built This is great too.
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I know every word to many, many Disney movie songs. I think my mom still has the VHS collection. I’m first generation Italian, my dad moved here when he was 18.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Don’t worry about the little things. Just start and just say yes. It will all work out, forget the paralysis analysis and move on.