Amanda Be | DET Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
SCS specializes in supporting children and young adults struggling with mental health, social or emotional issues. We provide individual and group counseling in office, in home, or tele-therapy to suit our clients needs and schedules.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
Finally taking the leap and opening my private practice in October 2018.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
I find inspiration in the clients I serve. I feel honored and fulfilled working with young people to navigate life's challenges.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
The best advice was from my husband, he pushed and supported me in starting my own business. When I told him I was thinking of opening my own practice, he replied, "Let's do it!"
5. What is your morning routine?
Coffee before anything! With two very young children, mornings are chaotic so I don't stick to a routine. I save my all of my personal improvement practices for before bed when the kids are sleeping. This includes wrapping up left over work tasks, setting a plan for the next day, and decompressing by either journaling, doing a mindfulness exercise or watching reality TV;)
6. Favorite podcast?
Right now its Building a Story Brand with Donald Miller
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I am a secret introvert and love alone time.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Sounds cliche but "Enjoy the ride! "