Alexandra Toombs | CT Member Spotlight
1. What is the name of your business and can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Toombs Creative is a full-service marketing agency that specializes in helping small businesses attract, engage, and retain customers. I am focused on helping businesses in Fairfield County, Connecticut but also have some international clients. We work with purpose-driven business owners who want to improve their community and world with their products and services. From nonprofits, to retailers, fitness studios, and concerts/events, we help clients gain brand/product clarity and build an engaged audience that converts into customers.
2. What has been your biggest win as an entrepreneur thus far?
So far my biggest win has been signing on some big-ticket clients who have trusted me to take their product to the next level. It gave me the confidence to play a bigger game and build international clientele that allows financial and personal freedom of travel and adventure.
3. Where do you find daily motivation and inspiration?
Podcasts, books [Earth is Hiring, 4-Hour Work Week, You Are A Badass At Making Money], my past journal entries, and knowing that everything is temporary. If I’m having a rough day I know that tomorrow will be different. Everything changes and evolves so quickly that there is no point in dwelling or procrastinating. Just get it done and move on to the next thing.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received and who was it from?
Progress not perfection. I’m not sure where I first heard it but it’s something I think of every time I need a little boost of energy.
5. What is your morning routine?
I set my alarm for 5AM and some take some time to be grateful and write in my journal and what I want in life and what I am willing to do to achieve my goals. I then hit up an early morning Orange Theory class, come home for breakfast, and get to work.
6. What is your favorite podcast?
Amy Porterfield Online Marketing Made Easy and Jenna Kutcher Goal Digger Podcast
7. Something that most people wouldn’t know about you:
I jumped out of a helicopter and rode a bike down a mountain in New Zealand.
8. If you could go back to when you started your company what would you say to yourself?
Stay focused. Keep your head down do the work and see the results. It'll all happen in time.